Training & placement cell:
IUU has established a dedicated Training & Placement Cell for enhancing the exposure of the students to the corporate world in terms of final placement as well as arranging summer internship for them and to act as an interface between the University and the Industry. It acts as a liaison between the industry leaders and our students. It is oriented to provide the best possible placements to our students in leading corporate houses/MNCs.
We have consistently maintained almost hundred percent recruitment records, and at times, our students exceed expectations of recruiters. It is the result of unrelenting, sustained effort with clear cut focus on all areas that contribute towards making our students ready to take on leadership responsibilities in their new roles. We have been consistently striving to provide best quality placements to all the students through the concerted efforts of the T&P Cell, faculty members, and alumni under the visionary leadership of the Management. The cell has developed very strong relationships with the doyens of the corporate world to facilitate the students in getting the real life exposure of the corporate world.
Most of our students are hand-picked as they go through a series of interviews and discussions before securing admissions. The students are constantly groomed to be top professionals and are regularly involved in executive education – exposing students to the right mix of theory and real world issues. The Industry rich curriculum is a perfect blend of short term projects, internships, live projects, workshops, seminars and guest lectures from industry experts and thought leaders to empower our students with practical knowledge and help them create new benchmarks.
The Training & Placement Cell is headed by a Dean who is supported by Senior Managers, Training & Placement Officers, T&P Coordinators from respective departments, T&P Assistants and Student Coordinators. These Officials identify the industry requirements and prepare the students accordingly by providing value addition programs, hold pre-placement discussions with corporate and invite them for recruitments.
The Team warmly invites the companies both private & public to be a part of the Placement Process at IMS Unison University. Our students are ready to take on exciting challenges that the business world has to offer.
TRAINING AND PLACEMENT GUIDELINES:
The University provides assistance for Job Placement through its Placement Cell to all the eligible students. This is applicable to all the students at the University, who have duly filled and submitted the Placement Registration Form
through SAP Portal. A student who has formally applied for placements by filling up the Placement Registration Form and Undertaking shall only be considered for placement opportunity.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENT
REGISTRATION IN SAP PORTAL
- Only final year students of all the courses being taught at the university
are eligible for the placement process.
- Training & Placement department issues a user id and password to all the
eligible students for their placement registration.
- The SAP Portal can be accessed from the university web page.
- After login click on the IMS T&P Cell Placement Form for completing the
- Students will see two tabs: “Placement Form IMS T&P Cell” and “Placement
- For placement registration click on the “Placement Form IMS T&P Cell”,
students details are auto filled (which will be provided by the student at the
time of admission to the university academic cell). The students will be
required to fill their Internship details and other qualifications,
certifications if any.
- Click on submit for submission of the placement registration form.
- On notification from the Training & Placement cell, students are required to
apply for the prospective company through selecting the “Placement-Form Company”
- In the “Placement-Form Company” page the students details are auto filled.
They are only supposed to click “Company” option and select the prospective
company and submit.
- After doing so the student is eligible to appear for the placement drive of
the company selected by him.
Eligibility / University's Facilitation
- The students shall strictly follow placement rules and regulations, failing which, the student shall be not be allowed to avail the University's assistance in the Placement process.
- Every student must have a minimum of 75% or above attendance in every semester/trimester in every Course and Co-curricular Programs.
- The University shall not be extending any placement support to students penalized in Disciplinary cases.
- Once a student has received a Placement Offer from any organization, he/she would not be allowed to appear for the campus placement process thereafter.
- In case, a student is under any disciplinary proceedings, the said student shall not be allowed to appear for the placement process, till such time, the disciplinary committee clears his/her name.
- Eligibility determination for a given job profile is the sole discretion of the Company and no student can challenge the company / T&P department on the same. Also, shortlisting for any given profile is the sole discretion of the Company and the T&P Department has no role to play.
Placement Provision & Guidelines
The student can apply for placement through any of these available provisions:
- ON CAMPUS: When a company visits the campus and conducts tests / interviews on campus it is deemed to be an 'On Campus Placement'. Even if a part of the selection process is carried on campus and a part of it is conducted off campus, it would fall under the On Campus Placement Category.
- OFF CAMPUS: The Company might choose to conduct the campus placement drive at a location other than the University campus. Such drives will be called 'Off Campus Placement Drive'.
- IN COMPANY PLACEMENT: The company might choose a way to recruit the students by calling them at a venue of their choice or taking interviews through electronic means like Skype, telephone or face-to-face at their own office venue. Such placement drives would be called In Company Placement drive.,
- In all the above drives, it is important for the students to note that no travel and lodging arrangement expenditures will be borne by the University and whenever asked by the company/ university, the student will have to travel on their own expense and cater to their own stay arrangements.
- During the entire placement process student will exhibit good conduct and shall follow the instructions given by either the T&P Department or by the Organization.
- A student appearing for the placement process shall be willing to relocate anywhere in India or even globally, depending upon the organization and its policy. Location is not a matter of choice and finalization of location of posting is the sole discretion of the Company.
- Any communication regarding any placement offer must be channelized though the concerned officials of the T&P Department. Students should not directly correspond with the company, on matters pertaining to pre-placement offers, negotiating campus placement process, internship / placements of fellow classmates, etc.
- It is mandatory for students to attend any classes/sessions on Personality development program, drafting/pleading and soft skills etc., being facilitated by the University from time to time, for improvement of performance during the interview/placement process.
- There is a policy of 'One Student One Job' strictly followed by the University, and once a student is selected / letter of intent / offer is given by a company, he/she will not be allowed to sit for any other company under any circumstance and his / her placement registration shall be closed. For all placements (under the three options listed above), the offer letters must come to T&P Department and then after due process at the University, it will be handed over to the students.
- Each student is responsible to update his/her contact details, Academic
Details with the University Academic Cell and resume with the T&P Department. In
case, the contact detail changes, in the interim, it is the responsibility of
the students to update the same with the T & P Department and also with the
University Academic Cell.
- Attendance benefit as per the attendance rules will be permitted only to those students who attend the entire proceeding of the Company and a formal list is submitted by the T&P Department to the respective Dean/HOD. In case the process for a particular student gets over early he/she should report back to the respective class and thus attend formal classes.
Dress Code & Discipline for Students During Placement Process
- During the entire process of campus placement interviews (on campus/off campus) students are required to wear the prescribed University uniform (with Blazer), as per the code of conduct of the University.
- Students should carry the University Identity Card.
- Students should be well groomed.
- Punctuality is a must and all students must be in time for all the Placement activities.
Grounds for Disqualification
A student shall be disqualified on the following grounds, subject to the discretion of the University:
- Failure to comply with any of the above mentioned guidelines.
- No student shall bring in outside influence (including parents / relatives/ well-wishers) at any stage/process of Internship or Placement. Doing so, will lead to being "debarred", from the placement process, with immediate effect.
- A student should not hold back any placement offer from any Organization (incase he/she gets it during Internship / through his/ her own efforts), with respect to final placement. In case, it is found at any stage, that the student has held back any information about any offer, including pre-placement offer, the student shall be liable to disciplinary action and will be immediately debarred from any further placement process.
- In case any other company through On/ Off / In Company mode makes an offer to such a candidate (whose candidature falls under point iii) during the interim period, his/ her candidature will be liable to be cancelled and his/ her position may be offered to the candidate-in-waiting / On-Hold, if any.
- Upon being selected by an organization, through the University, the student should join the Organization, as per the terms & conditions, as stipulated in the offer and on such a date as conveyed to the student in writing by the University.
- Student, after explicitly expressing his/her interest in internship or placement of a particular organization, if backs out from the said process at a later stage, the said student shall be debarred from the subsequent internship or placement process, with immediate effect.
- Any complaint from the Recruiting Company on misbehavior or no show will automatically lead to debarment of the students from the placement process of the University.
- Once a student sits for a campus drive (attends Pre Placement Talk / presentation) he/she will not be allowed to leave the process till offer is made or otherwise. A student found missing from such a placement process after giving his/ her name or attending the pre placement talk / presentation (i.e. before the completion of the selection process after having been selected in the initial stages of the process) she/he will get automatically debarred from any future placement activity.
- The T & P Department may debar any student, on case to case basis, even if the said student(s) does not fall in any of the aforesaid points.
Guidelines for the Issuance of No Objection Certificate to the Students
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) to join an organization prior to completion of the program shall only be issued by the Registrar of the University with the approval of the Vice Chancellor on fulfilling the following conditions.
- Only if, the student joins the company after fulfilling all the academic requirements of the program as per the University Program Ordinances.
- Only if, the University organized a campus drive (either ON or OFF Campus) for the company that is making a job offer to them.
- When he/she is applying through personal efforts, it will be granted only if the placement secured is in an exceptional category 'A' company. (Note: category 'A' company is a company that offers a minimum package of Rs 3.5 lakh per annum or is a Fortune 500 Company. The final call on whether a company is liable to fall under Category 'A' will be taken by the Training & Placement Department.)
- No NOC will be issued in case the student is joining his/her family business or any other entrepreneurial venture.
- A student has to formally apply for NOC in writing to the Training & Placement Department. His/Her application will be forwarded with the recommendation of the Faculty In-charge Training & Placement alongwith all the relevant documents, to the Dean/Head of the Department of the concerned School. Based on the recommendations received, and prior approval of the Vice Chancellor, the NOC will be issued by the Registrar of the University.
- Upon grant of NOC, the student has to:
- Stay in touch with their respective Mentor/School Head/Dean to update himself/herself of the Academic activities dates such as Mid Term/End Term Examinations/Submission of the Projects /assignment dates/practical/viva etc. This is entirely the responsibility of the student and the University shall not be held responsible for the same.
- Report to the Training & Placement Department about his / her performance on a monthly basis.
- Submit a copy of his/her joining report and salary slips to the Training & Placement Department until completion of the program.
- viii.The University holds the right to reject any NOC application if the University finds that joining the company is not in the academic interest and broader benefit of the student.
- NOC issued would automatically stand cancelled if any of the above conditions are violated.
- Each student (while applying for the NOC) would have to submit an affidavit on Rs. 10/- stamp paper (as per the format attached) duly notarized to confirm the acceptance of above guidelines.