HOSTEL & TRANSPORT
IMS Unison University offers separate in-campus hostels for boys and girls. The hostels are specially designed with two primary objectives of safety and comfort. They have round-the-clock security, with stringent security procedures and comfortable apartments that students enjoy living in. Besides easy access to library and computer facilities, the hostel facilities include amenities like television, table-tennis tables, water filters and coolers, coffee vending machines as well as washing machines. Moreover, all rooms are networked and students are connected through a 24-hour Internet facility, the Intranet and messaging applications.
The hostel is student's home away from home. It is expected that the hostellers must maintain complete harmony, brotherhood and camaraderie among themselves.
- Admission to the Hostel is done on a first come first serve basis by the University Academic Cell. Hostel seat is allotted only for one academic year. Any change in the hostel room can only be made with the prior approval of the University Academic Cell. Students shall have to vacate the hostel rooms alongwith their entire luggage at the end of the academic year i.e., 30th June or the last day of the end term examination, whichever is earlier.
- Hostel seat allotment for subsequent academic years shall be done on merit, attendance and availability basis. The hostel room/ seat may change from year on year as per the University Policy.
- Nomination of a local guardian is imperative for admission to the Hostel, and he/she should be accessible to the Hostel Authorities for contact in times of emergency.
- Hostellers must collect Hostel ID cards at the time of allocation of hostel seat. Hostellers must carry the Hostel ID card with themselves to prove identity, whenever required.
- In case a student fails to maintain minimum 75% of his attendance in the program (cumulative of that particular academic year upto the cut off date as decided by the University), withdrawal of admission, expulsion from the University or non payment of any dues of the University, the hostel seat will stand forfeited automatically. The student shall not, under any condition, be entitled for refund of proportionate fees.
Hostel Leave Policy
- Outpass (Day as well as Night) permission should be obtained on prescribed format only. All the relevant columns in the Outpass form shall be filled legibly and completely. Any incomplete Outpass Form will be summarily rejected. Outpass will be issued only twice in a week.
- No student shall leave the Hostel without prior sanction of the Outpass by the Hostel warden.
- Out-time and In-time mentioned in the Outpass shall be strictly followed. If due to some exigency, the students do not report in the hostel as per the dates mentioned, a written confirmation for the same, from the Parent/Local Guardian shall be sent by fax to the hostel warden. Absence of this information will invite strict disciplinary action.
- The prescribed Night out Form, duly signed by the Parents/Local Guardian must be submitted to the Hostel Warden.
- Night out permission to Hostel students will be given on Saturday nights/holidays only with prior approval of the Parents/Local Guardian. The form must be submitted two days in advance (from the date the night-out is requested) via fax or scan to the University administration/specified fax number and/or email address. The concerned student may collect the fax/email from the office and submit it in the hostel for further action.
- One local day outing can be availed on Sunday by University Bus only. The hostel residents are therefore, required to go out and come back to hostel by University Bus only, on Sundays. If the bus services are not availed, Outpasses may be issued (within the quota of two out passes).
- Hostellers taking leave during the University Vacation should clearly mention the address and phone details for the place where they are going to reside.
- Hostellers requiring leave for any other purposes other than the above must submit a request letter from their parent for the approval of the Vice Chancellor.
- In case of students who want to join additional coaching courses for any competitive examination or software packages need to obtain prior approval of the competent authority. This has to be taken after attaching all the relevant documents i.e. letter from the coaching center/Institute, letter from parents, and Fee receipts for such course/classes.
Conduct of Hostellers
- Hostel rooms are equipped with furniture and fitments. Students occupying the rooms will duly acknowledge by signing the receipt of items in the Inventory Register. Students will be responsible to hand over the items in their original serviceable condition to Hostel Authorities while leaving the room at the end of the academic year/session.
- Students are not permitted to use private electrical appliances nor tamper with electrical fittings provided in the rooms.
- All the boarders are supposed to report back to the hostel on or before 6:00 pm failing which the Outpass facility will be withdrawn for a minimum period of two weeks.
- Hostellers are not allowed to bring Day Scholars/ Outsiders in the hostel premises (inside room or mess).
- Hostellers are not allowed to bring and park any vehicle inside the Hostel compound or the University campus.
- Playing music on high volume causing disturbance to other hostellers is not permitted.
- While leaving the rooms, lights, fans, etc., should be switched-off to avoid wastage of electricity.
- Writing on doors, walls, furniture, switch plates etc., in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Hostel students shall not hold any meetings or collective activity in the hostel without the prior permission of the hostel warden.
- Misbehavior with hostel wardens, security, mess personnel and cleaning staff or any other person of the hostel will be treated as misconduct and shall invite disciplinary action.
- University timings are from 9:15 am to 5:00 pm. During this time students should invariably be in their classes, library and / or labs except those who are permitted to stay in their respective rooms by the Hostel Warden due to sickness.
- Students are not permitted to keep excessive cash and valuables in their allotted hostel rooms.
- Intoxicants, Liquor, Tobacco, Explosive and/or weapons (knife etc.) cannot be kept /stored by the student in the hostel premises.
- Students are not permitted to cook any food item within the Hostel premises.
- Burning of crackers or playing with colors etc., is prohibited inside the Hostel premises.
- Student can open their Bank Accounts in OBC Branch in University campus for which necessary assistance can be sought from the Registrar Office of the University.
- Students falling sick or feeling symptoms of sickness should immediately report to the Warden. First aid facility is available with the Hostel Warden.
- Hostellers taking part directly/indirectly in any movement or agitation or strike or political activity in the University will be appropriately punished including expulsion from the University.
- All hostellers will report for the roll call every evening at 7:00 pm in the Reception area of the hostel.
- Hostellers may use the Library facility after the roll call till the closure of the Library at 9:00 pm. The Hostellers must deposit Hostel ID card in the hostel gate if they desire to visit the Library. The hostellers must be inside the Hostel premises on or before 9:00 pm and may collect their Hostel ID card from the Hostel gate.
- Guardians/Parents/Visitors can meet their ward before 7:00 pm in the Visitor area only, with prior permission of the Hostel Warden.
- No parents/guardian/visitors are allowed to stay with the student in their room.
Dining Conduct for Hostellers
- Students residing in the hostel are required to mandatorily join the Dining facility attached to the Hostel.
- All meals are served in the dining hall and the students are required to dine in the Dining Hall only. No student is permitted to take food from the Mess to the room. Only with the permission of the Hostel Warden sick hosteller may be allowed to have food in their room.
- All meals served in the Dining Hall are vegetarian. However, egg is provided as a part of some meals.
- Meals are prepared keeping in mind uniform taste palate. Individual or specific region based taste palate may not be catered to.
- Cooking, including making Tea / Coffee in the hostel rooms is strictly prohibited.
- Students should queue according to their designated counter.
- Noise levels should be kept at a minimum in the dining hall.
- Students are expected to properly wash their hands before and after each meal.
- Students should properly serve themselves from the counter and take food in adequate quantity.
- Students should take crockery and cutlery from the designated place and drop the used plates at the washing station.
- Students should not waste food at all.
- Student should be punctual for meal timing and must be properly dressed while taking their meals in the mess.
- The meal timings will be time to time displayed in the hostel notice board and all hostellers are to adhere to the schedule.
- Laundry services are provided by the University. Clothes are taken for wash twice a week (Wednesday & Saturday).
- Students are required not to put any items that are delicate or not dyed fast into the Laundry.
Misconduct & Penalties for Hostellers (in case of violation of Hostel Policy):
|TYPE OF MISCONDUCT || PENALTY
- Misbehavior, use of foul language and/or physical assault/force with any fellow hosteller
- Misbehavior with Guard/Mess Staff/Hostel Attendant
- Guilty of theft of Hostel property or property of other Hostellers
- Physical clashes with other hostellers
- Bursting of crackers
- Playing with water/fire equipment/colors
- Causing fire deliberately
- Possession of electric appliances
- Cooking in the rooms
- Bringing outsiders to the Hostel room
|Suspension from the hostel for a specified period.
||Expulsion from the Hostel and forfeiting the Hostel Fee and Deposits. |
- Playing music at high volume
|Confiscation of the music system and informing the parents.
||Suspension from the Hostel for a specified period. |
- Irregularity in reporting for Hostel attendance
- Late reporting in the Hostel after availing Outpass
|Cancellation of Out-Pass for 15 days and informing parents.
||Suspension from the Hostel for a specified period. |
- Absence from Hostel without permission
- Misbehavior with Warden/Asst. Warden
- Possession and/or consumption of narcotic/alcohol/tobacco substances etc.
|Expulsion from the hostel |
- Using mobile phones/cameras computers for any sexual/pornographic activity
|Expulsion from the hostel and University |
Hostel Fee Policy
- The Fee Structure of Hostel for academic year 2016-17 is as under:
|HOSTEL FEE 2016-17|
|Hostel Security Deposit
||One-Time (Refundable) |
- Admission to the Hostel is done on a first come first serve basis by the
University Academic Cell. Hostel seat is allotted only for one academic year.
Any change in the hostel room can only be made with the prior approval of the
University Academic Cell. Students shall have to vacate the hostel rooms
alongwith their entire luggage at the end of the academic year i.e., 30th June
or the last day of the end term examination, whichever is earlier.
- Hostel seat allotment for subsequent academic years shall be done on merit,
attendance and availability basis. The hostel room/ seat may change from year on
year as per the University Policy.
- If a student withdraws before the commencement of classes or 31st July 2016
(whichever is earlier), only Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) will be
deducted as processing charges and balance amount will be refunded.
- If a student withdraws after the commencement of classes or 1st August 2016
(whichever is earlier), then complete hostel fee will be forfeited. In such
cases only Mess fee and Laundry fee will be refunded on proportionate basis i.e.
@ Rs. 3,500/-(Rupees Three Thousand Fve Hundred Only) per month for the
remaining complete months upto 30th June, 2017.
- If a student has availed hostel facility even for one day in a calendar
month, then mess and laundry fee for that calendar month shall also be deducted.
- Students who are absent from the hostel for any reason shall not be given
any benefit of fee refund/ adjustment whatsoever.
- Students who are suspended or expelled from the hostel shall not be refunded
any fee (Hostel, Mess or Laundry) under any circumstances. Only Hostel Security
Deposit after the recovery of any dues will be refunded.
Student Hostel Application Form
- The University has its own buses and provides pick up and drop facilities to the students. Students desirous of availing bus facility may fill up the prescribed form attached hereto.
- The student has to opt for the available pickup/drop point at the time of applying for the transport facility.
- Transport facility and transport fees are applicable for one academic year.
- Students will be issued Transport ID cards at the time of allocation of transport facility and must carry the Transport ID card with themselves to prove identity, whenever required.
- The transport route and pick/drop points are planned considering the best benefit for the entire community using the University Transport system. However, the final route and schedule are entirely at the discretion of the University Authorities.
- The Transport timings pick up and departure from University Campus are fixed and announced at the beginning of each academic year.
- The University shall provide only one round of pickup and drop facility to all designated points of the town to entitled students of various programs. Specific drop facility will not be provided to students who may wish to leave early from the University due to any circumstances. The drop facility shall only be provided at 4:45 pm to students.
- Transport fees are neither refundable nor adjustable under any circumstances.
- Transportation routes and timings may be altered keeping in view its requirements during examination and other special activities of the University.
- Misbehavior with fellow passengers, faculty, staff or any transport staff will be treated as misconduct and shall invite disciplinary action.
- Intoxicants, Liquor, Tobacco, Explosive and/or weapons (knife etc.) cannot be kept /used by the student. Any violation will result in disciplinary action including expulsion from the University.
- Students must always be in University uniform while boarding the bus.
Transport Fee Policy
- The Transport Fee for academic year 2016-17 is Rs. 21,000/- (Rupees Twenty One Thousand only).
- In the event of a student withdrawing from the transport facility before
commencement of the Program or 31st July 2016 (whichever is earlier), the
complete transport fee deposited by the student will be refunded after deducting
Rs. 1,000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) towards processing charges.
- In cases where withdrawal is submitted after the commencement of the program
or 1st August 2016 (whichever is earlier), no refund shall be made under any
- If a student has availed transportation facility even for one day in a
calendar month, then transport fee for that calendar month shall also be
- Withdrawal will be applicable from the next month of the application
Student Transport Application Form